profile

Hi! I'm Stephanie, founder of the Empowered Leaders Academy.

EMPOWERED LEADERS - Do Yourself A Favor - Slow Down

Published 3 months ago • 1 min read

Welcome Back, Empowered Leader.

I'm so glad you're here, Reader!

Do Yourself a Favor, Reader

As the weather turns colder, and the nights are longer, December encourages us to slow down.

Yet, it can feel so foreign to slow down... especially here in the U.S. where the focus is all about doing more, faster. As a result, we face all the health consequences that come with the "more" mentality.

Do yourself a favor...

Stop for just a moment RIGHT NOW. First, smile. Then take a deep breath... slowly inhale, holding your breath for just a moment, then slowly exhale fully. Try doing this 3 times in a row.

How difficult was it to give yourself just a few moments? Be honest...

Can you commit to doing this each day? Grant yourself a moment to JUST BE... give yourself this gift. BONUS: send a quick note to your team and tell them to do themselves this little favor.

Would your team be surprised to hear this from you? Be honest...

The next time you run across something that resonates with you, send it to your team! It is great reinforcement for you and a great way both to show your team that you are human & that you remember they are human, too.


Remembering We Are Human

That is the key, Reader! You are human, your team is made up of humans... so why do we find it so hard to act like it?

EQ, authenticity, transparency... it's all about treating others like humans, not widgets.

So many workplace cultures focus on $$$ or results. Yet, as an Empowered Leader, you know that treating your team with respect leads to improved engagement, productivity, and retention (for the right people anyway!) Which ultimately leads to the improved company bottom line and a happier, more rewarding workplace culture.

If Emotional Intelligence (EQ) still seems like a buzzword to you, and you want to know more about what it is... or how to "do it", here is a free gift from me to you:

EQ-GettingStarted.pdf

I'd love to work with you on your Empowered Leadership journey, Reader. Let me know how I can help!


Are We Connected, Reader?

Follow me on your favorite social platforms:


Sharing is Caring!

Forward this email to any corporate Leader who may be interested in becoming an Empowered Leader.

Was this forwarded to you? Subscribe now!

Wishing You Success,

Stephanie Weiss

Your Empowered Leadership Coach

P.S. I welcome your feedback and your ideas for future topics. Reply

Hi! I'm Stephanie, founder of the Empowered Leaders Academy.

Guiding newer corporate leaders to transition from doer to boss - offering coaching, training & group support to help you build an extraordinary team along the way! Sign up for my newsletter, join an upcoming live event, apply to the community, or get 1:1 coaching.

Read more from Hi! I'm Stephanie, founder of the Empowered Leaders Academy.

Welcome Back, Empowered Leader, I'm so glad you're here, Reader! The Winter Blues Are you going through a case of the Winter Blah's? Good thing that groundhog saw his shadow... that means Spring is almost here! Whether it is the cold weather, gray skies, or yet another round of sinus congestion, Winter can play havoc with our health, mood and energy levels. As a leader, you may find it more difficult lately to handle your own family's mood changes, let alone those of everyone at work,...

8 days ago • 2 min read

Welcome Back, Empowered Leader, I'm so glad you're here, Reader! Bored Out" You've heard of "burned out", but have you heard of "bored out", Reader? Of 2,000 working U.S. adults surveyed in 2023, research by OnePoll found that 46% (almost half!) said they get bored at least 3 days of the workweek. Similarly, Gartner surveyed 3,500 employees and found that only 31% said they were engaged, enthusiastic, & energized by their work. Gartner suggested that this means the other 69% are languishing,...

29 days ago • 2 min read
A black background with muted white swirls displays the text "Strong & Intentional" in a scripted white font.

Welcome Back, Empowered Leader, I'm so glad you're here, Reader! Fresh Start 🌱 Do you view January as a fresh start as so many do when celebrating the New Year? It may or may not be the start of your company's fiscal year, but as we turn to a fresh calendar with a new year printed upon it, it's easy to use this time of year to welcome the new and discard the old. Welcoming the New - Now is the time to consider if you & your team have any new goals or business priorities of focus for 2024. You...

about 1 month ago • 2 min read
Share this post